2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series Announced
Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 7:00 A.M.
Ameren Illinois and the SMG managed Peoria Civic Center Proudly Announce
THE 2015-2016 AMEREN ILLINOIS BROADWAY SERIES
THE BOOK OF MORMON TO ANCHOR SEASON
Peoria, IL –The 2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series will feature six of the most popular national touring productions consisting of: KINKY BOOTS, THE ILLUSIONISTS, I LOVE LUCY LIVE, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY and, ANNIE.
From the creators of “South Park” and winner of nine Tony Awards, THE BOOK OF MORMON will play a limited 1-week engagement June 7th thru 11th at the Peoria Civic Center Theater. The New York Times calls it "the best musical of this century" and Entertainment Weekly says it's "the funniest musical of all time."
2014-2015 Broadway Series season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets to the six amazing shows with their subscriptions. 2014-2015 season ticket holders should have received renewal packets that are due Friday, May 8, 2015.
New season tickets will go on sale Monday, May 18, 2015. Skip the traffic, lose the parking fees/hotel rooms, and fall in love with the Ameren Illinois Broadway Series. The Peoria Civic Center brings in some of Broadway’s biggest hits to be enjoyed at the fraction of the cost of a larger city. Get even more when you become a season ticket holder; have a seat all your own and save with special, discounted rates. This season, season tickets start at $236*. New season tickets can be purchased starting Monday, May 18th at the Peoria Civic Center box office, www.peoriaciviccenter.com, or by phone at (309) 673-3200. Mini Season tickets will be available for purchase Monday June 15th. Individual tickets to all shows will go sale at a later date.
- The season “kicks” off with KINKY BOOTS running from September 22-27, 2015. Show times are: September 22 at 7:30 pm, September 23 at 7:30 pm, September 24 at 2:00 and 7:30 pm, September 25 at 8:00 pm, September 26 at 2:00 and 8:00 pm, and September 27 at 1:00 pm. KINKY BOOTS is Broadway’s huge-hearted, high-heeled hit! With songs by Grammy® and Tony® winning pop icon Cyndi Lauper, this joyous musical celebration is about the friendships we discover, and the belief that you can change the world when you change your mind. Inspired by true events, KINKY BOOTS takes you from a gentlemen’s shoe factory in Northampton to the glamorous catwalks of Milan. Charlie Price is struggling to live up to his father’s expectations and continue the family business of Price & Sons. With the factory’s future hanging in the balance, help arrives in the unlikely but spectacular form of Lola, a fabulous performer in need of some sturdy new stilettos. With direction and choreography by two-time Tony® Award-winner Jerry Mitchell (Legally Blonde, Hairspray) and a book by Broadway legend and four-time Tony® Award-winner Harvey Fierstein (La Cage Aux Folles), KINKY BOOTS is the winner of 6 Broadway Tony® Awards including Best Musical, Best Score and Best Choreography. Take a step in the right direction and discover that sometimes the best way to fit in is to stand out. “There is no show hotter than KINKY BOOTS!” – CBS News
- Next, witness a mysterious and spectacular phenomenon with THE ILLUSIONISTS™ – Witness the Impossible™. Show times are October 21 and 22 at 7:30 pm on both nights. This mind blowing spectacular showcases the jaw dropping talents of the most incredible Illusionists on earth. THE ILLUSIONISTS™ – Witness the Impossible™ has shattered box office records across the globe and dazzles audiences of all ages with a powerful mix of the most outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on stage. This non-stop show is packed with thrilling and sophisticated magic of unprecedented proportions.
- Get a hilarious glimpse into television history with I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE! Show times are February 10 and 11 at 7:30 pm both nights. I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE is the brand-new hit stage show adapted from the most beloved program in television history! It’s 1952 and you are a member of the Desilu Playhouse studio audience where you experience firsthand the filming of two hilarious I LOVE LUCY® episodes, complete with charming host, 50s style harmonies from the Crystaltone Singers and the sidesplitting antics of America’s favorite foursome – Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel. Whether young or old, everybody really does LOVE LUCY!
- Next in the lineup is a show that will come in with a “BANG,” BULLETS OVER BROADWAY! Show times are March 1 and 2 at 7:30 pm on both nights. Hailed by Time Magazine as, “Musical Theatre Gold!”, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY is the hilarious musical comedy about the making of a Broadway show. Written by Woody Allen, with direction and choreography by Susan Stroman and based upon the screenplay of the acclaimed film by Woody Allen and Douglas McGrath, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY is the story of a young playwright who, in desperate need of financial backing for his next show, accepts an offer he can’t refuse from a mobster looking to please his showgirl girlfriend. Don’t miss what the New Yorker exclaims as, “a Fun Machine from Start to Finish!” Loaded with big laughs, colorful characters, and the songs that made the 20s roar, Bullets Over Broadway is bringing musical comedy back with a bang.
- Leapin’ Lizards! Get ready for ANNIE to show up at the Peoria Civic Center! Shows times are April 12 and 13 at 7:30 pm both nights. The world’s best-loved musical returns in time-honored form. Directed by original lyricist and director Martin Charnin and choreographed by Liza Gennaro, this production of ANNIE will be a brand new incarnation of the iconic original. Featuring book and score by Tony Award®-winners Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, ANNIE includes such unforgettable songs as “It’s the Hard Knock Life,” “Easy Street,” “I Don’t Need Anything But You,” plus the eternal anthem of optimism, “Tomorrow.”
- The anchor in the 2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series is THE BOOK OF MORMON! Show times: are June 7 at 7:30 pm, June 8 at 7:30 pm, June 9 at 7:30 pm, June 10 at 8:00 pm, June 11 at 2:00 and 8:00 pm, and June 12 at 1:00 and 7:00 pm. The New York Times calls it “the best musical of this century.” The Washington Post says, “It is the kind of evening that restores your faith in musicals.” And Entertainment Weekly says, “Grade A: the funniest musical of all time.” Jon Stewart of The Daily Show calls it “a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry.” It’s THE BOOK OF MORMON, the nine-time Tony Award® winning Best Musical from the creators of South Park. Contains explicit language. For more information, visit BookofMormonTheMusical.com.
The 2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series is sponsored by Ameren Illinois. Show times and dates are subject to change; please refer to www.PeoriaCivicCenter.com for the most up to date information on all shows.
* Season tickets dates for KINKY BOOTS will only be available September 22 and 23 at 7:30 pm and for THE BOOK OF MORMON they will only be available June 7 and 8 at 7:30 pm.
About the Peoria Civic Center
The Peoria Civic Center, an SMG managed facility, is an entertainment and convention venue that contributes significantly to the economic impact on the downtown Peoria area. For the most up-to-date event information, please check us out on the web at www.PeoriaCivicCenter.com.
Founded in 1977, SMG provides management services to more than 230 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theaters, performing arts centers, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues. With facilities across the globe, SMG manages more than 15 million square feet of exhibition space and more than 1.5 million sports and entertainment seats. As the recognized global industry leader, SMG provides venue management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming, construction and design consulting, and pre opening services for such landmark facilities as McCormick Place & Solider Field in Chicago, Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, Houston’s NRG Park and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. SMG also offers food and beverage operations through its concessions and catering company SAVOR, currently serving more than 130 accounts worldwide.
SAVOR is the food and beverage division of SMG, the global leader in public facilities and special event venue management. Since its inception in 1983, SAVOR has specialized in creating menus that showcase local cuisine expertly prepared and presented to ensure a seamless dining and entertainment experience. SAVOR currently provides catering, concessions and special event services, to more than 130 facilities worldwide.
The company is also an industry leader in introducing green standards and programs to public facilities. SAVOR’s commitment to farm to table freshness and food quality features locally grown products for their venue clients whenever possible. SAVOR staff prides themselves on being on the cutting edge of the latest food and beverage trends in addition to searching out the most innovative food technologies available on the market. To learn more, visit www.savorsmg.com