Changes Made to Ameren Illinois Broadway Series.
Thursday, May 21, 2015, 5:45 A.M.
CHANGE MADE TO THE 2015-2016 AMEREN ILLINOIS BROADWAY SERIES AT THE PEORIA CIVIC CENTER
Peoria, IL – Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Peoria Civic Center regretfully announced today that the upcoming 2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series will no longer include the show I LOVE LUCY LIVE.
For those who have already purchased their season tickets, refunds for the price of tickets to that particular show will be given.
The rest of the season remains unchanged, and will feature five of the most popular national touring productions: KINKY BOOTS, THE ILLUSIONISTS, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY, ANNIE, and THE BOOK OF MORMON.
New season tickets are now on sale. With the shortened season, season ticket prices have been adjusted, and those purchasing the full season receive a discounted rate from buying individual tickets. New season tickets will start at just $200 for the five shows, with the majority of main floor seats priced at $312. Tickets can be purchased at the Peoria Civic Center box office, www.peoriaciviccenter.com, or by phone at (309) 673-3200. Mini Season tickets will be available for purchase on Monday, June 1st. Individual tickets to all shows will go sale at a later date.
- The season “kicks” off with KINKY BOOTS running from September 22-27, 2015. Show times are: September 22 at 7:30 pm, September 23 at 7:30 pm, September 24 at 2:00 and 7:30 pm, September 25 at 8:00 pm, September 26 at 2:00 and 8:00 pm, and September 27 at 1:00 pm. KINKY BOOTS is Broadway’s huge-hearted, high-heeled hit! With songs by Grammy® and Tony® winning pop icon Cyndi Lauper, this joyous musical celebration is about the friendships we discover, and the belief that you can change the world when you change your mind. Inspired by true events, KINKY BOOTS takes you from a gentlemen’s shoe factory in Northampton to the glamorous catwalks of Milan. Charlie Price is struggling to live up to his father’s expectations and continue the family business of Price & Sons. With the factory’s future hanging in the balance, help arrives in the unlikely but spectacular form of Lola, a fabulous performer in need of some sturdy new stilettos. With direction and choreography by two-time Tony® Award-winner Jerry Mitchell (Legally Blonde, Hairspray) and a book by Broadway legend and four-time Tony® Award-winner Harvey Fierstein (La Cage Aux Folles), KINKY BOOTS is the winner of 6 Broadway Tony® Awards including Best Musical, Best Score and Best Choreography. Take a step in the right direction and discover that sometimes the best way to fit in is to stand out. “There is no show hotter than KINKY BOOTS!” – CBS News
- Next, witness a mysterious and spectacular phenomenon with THE ILLUSIONISTS™ – Witness the Impossible™. Show times are October 21 and 22 at 7:30 pm on both nights. This mind blowing spectacular showcases the jaw dropping talents of the most incredible Illusionists on earth. THE ILLUSIONISTS™ – Witness the Impossible™ has shattered box office records across the globe and dazzles audiences of all ages with a powerful mix of the most outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on stage. This non-stop show is packed with thrilling and sophisticated magic of unprecedented proportions.
- Next in the lineup is a show that will come in with a “BANG,” BULLETS OVER BROADWAY! Show times are March 1 and 2 at 7:30 pm on both nights. Hailed by Time Magazine as, “Musical Theatre Gold!”, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY is the hilarious musical comedy about the making of a Broadway show. Written by Woody Allen, with direction and choreography by Susan Stroman and based upon the screenplay of the acclaimed film by Woody Allen and Douglas McGrath, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY is the story of a young playwright who, in desperate need of financial backing for his next show, accepts an offer he can’t refuse from a mobster looking to please his showgirl girlfriend. Don’t miss what the New Yorker exclaims as, “a Fun Machine from Start to Finish!” Loaded with big laughs, colorful characters, and the songs that made the 20s roar, Bullets Over Broadway is bringing musical comedy back with a bang.
- Leapin’ Lizards! Get ready for ANNIE to show up at the Peoria Civic Center! Shows times are April 12 and 13 at 7:30 pm both nights. The world’s best-loved musical returns in time-honored form. Directed by original lyricist and director Martin Charnin and choreographed by Liza Gennaro, this production of ANNIE will be a brand new incarnation of the iconic original. Featuring book and score by Tony Award®-winners Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, ANNIE includes such unforgettable songs as “It’s the Hard Knock Life,” “Easy Street,” “I Don’t Need Anything But You,” plus the eternal anthem of optimism, “Tomorrow.”
- The anchor in the 2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series is THE BOOK OF MORMON! Show times: are June 7 at 7:30 pm, June 8 at 7:30 pm, June 9 at 7:30 pm, June 10 at 8:00 pm, June 11 at 2:00 and 8:00 pm, and June 12 at 1:00 and 7:00 pm. The New York Times calls it “the best musical of this century.” The Washington Post says, “It is the kind of evening that restores your faith in musicals.” And Entertainment Weekly says, “Grade A: the funniest musical of all time.” Jon Stewart of The Daily Show calls it “a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry.” It’s THE BOOK OF MORMON, the nine-time Tony Award® winning Best Musical from the creators of South Park. Contains explicit language. For more information, visit BookofMormonTheMusical.com.
The 2015-2016 Ameren Illinois Broadway Series is sponsored by Ameren Illinois. Show times and dates are subject to change; please refer to www.PeoriaCivicCenter.com for the most up to date information on all shows.
* Season tickets dates for KINKY BOOTS will only be available September 22 and 23 at 7:30 pm and for BOOK OF MORMON they will only be available June 7 and 8 at 7:30 pm.
About the Peoria Civic Center
The Peoria Civic Center, an SMG managed facility, is an entertainment and convention venue that contributes significantly to the economic impact on the downtown Peoria area. For the most up-to-date event information, please check us out on the web at www.PeoriaCivicCenter.com.
Founded in 1977, SMG provides management services to more than 230 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theaters, performing arts centers, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues. With facilities across the globe, SMG manages more than 15 million square feet of exhibition space and more than 1.5 million sports and entertainment seats. As the recognized global industry leader, SMG provides venue management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming, construction and design consulting, and pre opening services for such landmark facilities as McCormick Place & Solider Field in Chicago, Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, Houston’s NRG Park and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. SMG also offers food and beverage operations through its concessions and catering company SAVOR, currently serving more than 130 accounts worldwide.
SAVOR is the food and beverage division of SMG, the global leader in public facilities and special event venue management. Since its inception in 1983, SAVOR has specialized in creating menus that showcase local cuisine expertly prepared and presented to ensure a seamless dining and entertainment experience. SAVOR currently provides catering, concessions and special event services, to more than 130 facilities worldwide.
The company is also an industry leader in introducing green standards and programs to public facilities. SAVOR’s commitment to farm to table freshness and food quality features locally grown products for their venue clients whenever possible. SAVOR staff prides themselves on being on the cutting edge of the latest food and beverage trends in addition to searching out the most innovative food technologies available on the market. To learn more, visit www.savorsmg.com